Leaking Windows In Portland Lead To Dry Rot And Mold.
Leaking windows and doors are a major problem in Portland, Oregon and all of the Willamette Valley. The entire Northwest region has such a damp climate that leaks are common. If there’s an entry point for moisture to penetrate your home, it will. Here are some signs that your windows and doors may be leaking.
- Visible signs of moisture inside your home like puddles of water, damp drywall around your windows and doors, or water stains on sills and jambs.
- Visible signs of mold on drywall surfaces or a damp and musty/moldy smell around opening.
- Rotten or swollen exterior trim and siding around windows and doors.
- Dark stains streaking from behind exterior windows or door trim.
More often than not, there are leaks occurring long before these signs are even noticeable. SFW Construction is the Portland area’s expert at repairing leaking windows and doors. There are challenges presented to both homeowners and contractors by the elements of the Pacific Northwest. That’s why SFW Construction has developed a methodology through rigorous training, building science, DUPONT products, and exacting execution to solve these problems. SFW Construction’s focus is to protect you and your home from costly damage caused by leaking windows and doors.
- RIGOROUS TRAINING – All of our certified installers receive constant and consistent training from the industry’s top vendors as well as training on SFW’s methods and standards designed specifically for the Northwest climate.
- BUILDING SCIENCE – SFW Construction strives to be ahead of our competitors by constantly researching and testing products and dupont product installations. We believe in the continuing evolution of our craft. Often times we are ahead of industry standards and codes.
- DUPONT PRODUCTS – SFW is one of the few Portland siding companies that is a certified DUPONT Installer. We Believe DUPONT and TYVEK to be the gold standard in our industry. In using these products we are able to offer their warranty and expertise on your project.
- EXACTING EXECUTION – Every window, door, or exterior penetration is a possible entry point for moisture making it a potential leak if not executed with care and precision. Every step of the installation is photographed and documented to ensure exacting execution. SFW Construction reviews and approves all of these steps BEFORE any siding or exterior finishes are installed.
Leaking windows and doors can lead to dry rot and mold. Dry rot and mold continue to grow and devalue your home and compromise your family’s health. SFW Construction has been providing service and solutions to the Portland area since 2005. Above and beyond repairing your leaking windows and doors, SFW Construction Is the Northwest leader in finding and repairing dry rot. And we won’t cover anything up until all your dry rot and mold problems are remediation. So don’t wait, call SFW Construction today so we can repair your leaking windows and doors.
YES! We have recently opened a Seattle based location for SFW Construction. We now offer Seattle window replacement services, as well as all of our other trusted repair services.