Mold Testing And Removal
Get The Peace Of Mind That You Live In A Mold-Free Home
10 Minute Response (8am-5pm M-F).
Call Now — We’re Standing By.
There is nothing more important than the health and wellbeing of you and your loved ones. If you need a professional mold testing and removal contractor call SFW Construction today. Families have trusted us to rid their homes of this environmental hazard since 2005. We serve the entire Northwest for mold testing and removal. From Seattle to Portland, from the Oregon Coast to the Willamette Valley—you can count on the SFW team to offer professional solutions to mold fungus infestations.
Mold Is Harmful To Your Health
Mold spores can pose a serious environmental threat to your family and pets’ overall health. SFW Construction can help protect you and your loved ones from harmful bacteria. Common Symptoms Of Mold Exposure Include:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
Portland Mold Testing And Removal Experts
Mold is a fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae. For mold to grow, a moist environment is needed. The climate in the Pacific Northwest is ideal for cultivating mold colonies.
No reason to worry however because SFW Construction will complete the entire project with a final solution to mold in your home. From start to finish, our company can do it all. Here is a breakdown of our mold remediation process.
Why Choose SFW For Mold Removal?
An introduction of moisture is essential for mold growth. SFW Construction is the Pacific Northwest leader in waterproofing and moisture control. Most mold issues in Portland stem from water passing through your home’s building envelope, siding, and roofing system into your home’s warm conditioned spaces. The first signs of an issue might be exterior dry rot.
We Offer A Lasting Solution
Other companies may be able to remove the mold, but they will not be able to offer a lasting solution to ensure the problem does not reoccur. That’s why SFW Construction is the clear choice for mold testing and removal in Portland. Eliminating the mold colony is just the first step. Tracing the root cause of the moisture intrusion and rectifying the waterproofing defects to ensure the issue is solved is critical.
Mold Testing And Inspections
Mold is a fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae. For mold to grow, a moist environment is needed. The climate in the Pacific Northwest is ideal for cultivating mold colonies. Visible signs of mold don’t require much regarding testing or inspection. Portland homeowners and commercial building owners trust the professionals at SFW Construction to inspect your home for moisture intrusion points that are the genesis of the issue.
Do You Constantly Feel Sick Or Have Severe Allergies?
If your family is getting sick repeatedly, or you have severe allergies, you may have a non-visible mold colony. With our advanced testing equipment and industry knowledge of waterproofing defects, we can locate areas of your home where mold is an issue.
Why Fogging With Biocides Or Demolition Free Remediation Is Not Recommended
There is no quick fix, or labor free, final solution to mold removal.
Some companies advertise “demolition free” or fogging with biocides for mold removal. SFW Construction does not recommend the use of gaseous, vapor-phase, or aerosolized biocides for mold remediation. These products can pose health concerns to homeowners and pets.
The effectiveness of these methods has yet to be proven 100% effective and does not ensure environmental health issues from remaining non-viable mold spores.
Other companies push this method because it is very profitable and non-labor intensive. Homeowners like the idea of non-invasive or destructive methods but unfortunately, they just aren’t effective. The money you save on the initial remediation won’t compare to a second trip to do things right.
What Does The Environmental Protection Agency Say About Mold Remediation And Clean-up?
The purpose of mold remediation is to remove the mold to prevent human exposure and damage to building materials and furnishings. It is necessary to clean up mold contamination, not just to kill the mold. Dead mold is still allergenic, and some dead molds are potentially toxic. The use of a biocide, such as chlorine bleach, is not recommended as a routine practice during mold remediation.
With traditional methods of mold remediation, it is not possible or desirable to completely sterilize an area; a background level of mold spores will remain in the air (roughly equivalent to or lower than the level in outside air).
Traditional disinfectants or biocides require that the area is always ventilated. Outdoor air may need to be brought in with fans. However, fans can potentially distribute mold spores throughout an unaffected area. In addition, understand that biocides are toxic to humans, as well as to mold.